Thursday, April 21

PBL made real - Auscultation Sounds

Assalamualaikum.

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful.

In PBLs I've always been wondering how the sounds are like when performing auscultation. You know we've seen 2nd heart sounds la, stridor la, wheezing la and all those lalalas. I've tried playing with my roommates' stethoscope but of course I can't hear a thing. I mean I only heard that 'de-gup-de-gup' sounds (otherwise I'm no longer alive hehehehe)

I think it's useful to get a feel of it. I know we're not in clinical years YET. But it's never wrong to learn beforehand. There are very experienced people who made awesome websites on these sounds. So, enjoy:

Easy Auscultation

There are other websites, of course. But when you have too many choices you tend to get lost. So, finish learning this website first, and we move on to the next, insyaAllah.

P/S: BTW this website is really good. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment