Sunday, April 3

Something2Share

Simply something I copied and edited from Prof Dr Muhaya's slides today. We all recited this together during the talk. Let's make it a practice of saying this everyday to motivate ourselves, InsyaAllah =)

Adapted from Optimist Creed by Christian D. Larson, 1912.

I PROMISE MYSELF
1. To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
2. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet.
3. To make all my friends feel that there is something in them.
4. To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
5. To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature I meet a smile.
6. To give so much time to the improvement of myself that I have no time to criticize others.
7. To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
8. To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words but in great deeds.
9. To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side so long as I am true to the best that is in me

I see a few people have quoted "MY INNER WORLD CREATES MY OUTER WORLD" so I won't talk much about that. Personally, I think the talk was great. I hope all Zenithians who came gained as much as (or even more than) I did. If you want a copy of the slides, you can ask from me (Julia) or from anyone who has it.
EDIT: You can download the slides here.
Thank you for your time. Assalamualaikum.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the quote. Nearly forgotten what I had promised in the Lecture Hall. It might be too much to ask but I do hope that you can upload the slides in the blog. Might be easier for everyone. Thank you again for the post.

    Best regards,
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so u know,
    u can copy the slide from dekstop of lh1
    tq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to upload the slides in due time.

    I think the slide on the LH1 desktop is the old copy. I notice that the name of the Powerpoint Prof Dr Muhaya showed us was different, but I haven't checked/compared the content of the two. They shouldn't be very different.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete